Monday, July 30, 2007

Birgit Winkler +

It was a privilege to have known you, Birgit, even though it wasn't very long. I quickly discovered my great respect for your mind, your heart, your charm, your ideas. May your two daughters Anna and Nina and your son Uli gather all they had with you up into a soothing whole: They, too, were able to be there with you as you concluded your path, and you know how important that was for me as my mother finished hers. Thank you for your smiles and for sharing some of your time with me and speaking so well and intelligently with me in both your and my languages!
Birgit Winkler
née Sievers
29 August 1950 - 30 July 2007

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to your daughters and son as they adjust to your absence. Take time, tears, laughter and smiles; tell stories; remember the good times; be glad you were there. Know that she loved you. Rick's sister, Terri

    ReplyDelete