Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Third Day of Fifth Round

This morning:

"Hold on, I want to put us all three together in a conference call."
"What?"
"You there, too?"
"Yup."
"Oh, that's what you meant."
"Now you've got us both to talk to."
"I can go home on Friday."
"No transfusion this time?"
"No, otherwise I couldn't have started the chemo on Monday and wouldn't be home until Saturday."
"So that's good."
"Yeah, one day less is good when you're counting them down."
"You deserve it."
"Now I have to take iron tablets."
"We told you you should eat nails."
"Or nutella."
"I don't eat that crap."
"Or you could use a rusty nail as a lollipop."
"That would at least be funny."
"And how are you feeling?"
"Are you tired? nauseous?"
"I'm never tired. And nausea doesn't come till the last day."
"Then enjoy your breakfast."
"I already did. Talk to you later. Bye."

2 comments:

  1. she's so adorable! glad she's doing well, tell her i'm thinking about her

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moms! You gotta love 'em! One day I, too, shall be old and adorable.

    ReplyDelete