Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Phrases to Like

I can't help it, I just love these little snippets of things, picked up, read, here and there, and worth remembering, spreading, preserving. Some are my own variation on a theme.
1. Ich bin so platt wie eine Äußerung der nicht anwesenden Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel.
(of which I could extract, reform, the following English version: "That's as flat as a statement by the Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel, who isn't here.")
2. in girum imus nocte et consumimur igni
(This alone makes Guy Debord worth reading. To help you comprehend, consider "Able was I ere I saw Elba.")
3. "Maus war weg, Mutter unterwegs."
(I just like it.)
4. Time to replace the bacteria in this remote control.
(Think about it.)
5. Time spreads over us like a dome, an incubator, hatches this and that, and now and then someone actually does something.
(This is its own comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment