Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Home Away From Home

That is the Rudolf-Virchow-Klinikum for me for several weeks into the future now; Thursday last I came in. Here, the team, facilities, everything is great, and chemo has already begun to defeat my leukemia. I am so thankful that Detlef is at my side in this whole long struggle, and trust that I will always be able to give him the sustenance he needs. He is my lover and my life, my husband and my best friend, my stimulus and my calm. It is for him that I am fighting this disease.
I had never wanted to post such things in my blog.
Who would?
But once more, it is true:

"Wo aber Gefahr ist, wächst
das Rettende auch."

That will also be the case when my bone marrow, I hope, is completely wiped out so that only non-leukemic cells appear when it regenerates.

'But where danger is, grows
what saves, too.'

Hölderlin knew more than most!

No comments:

Post a Comment