Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reasoning, American Style

Consortiumnews.com

Reasoning Behind Obama's Peace Prize
By Robert Parry October 12, 2009
Okay, I’ll admit that when I first saw on the Internet that President Obama had won the Nobel Peace Prize, I checked to make sure I hadn’t accidentally gone to The Onion’s satirical news site. But the more I think about it – and the more I hear the snickering from Official Washington – the more I appreciate what the prize committee did. [...]
So, maybe what the Nobel Peace Prize committee was trying to do was to get Obama’s back so the President could feel a bit safer in charting a new, less warlike course for the United States, no small feat for the American people and the rest of the world.
Posted using ShareThis

  • Not bad for thinking it through from an American point of view, says this one who's often accused of being totally Europeanized (as if that were anything negative).

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it was a joke and that the Onion was just really on top of their game!

    ReplyDelete